In this age of technology, it is often hard to find a workout plan that works for you and your hectic life. You may even think that you don’t have time to work out, which may not be true. Here are some workout plan ideas for men with busy schedules, who don’t readily know where an exercise regimen may fit in.
Realistic Workout Ideas
- Try interval training or strength training: Interval training is a special type of exercising that involves pushing your body to its limits for 20-30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. This allows you to maximize your workout in a minimum amount of time. You can also do any type of exercise you are comfortable with to start out, like squats, lifting weights, or using a treadmill.
- Join a team sport: Start playing basketball or football with friends or work colleagues. This also includes things like swimming, jogging, or playing racquetball before or after work with a friend or co-worker. The point is to find something to do that burns calories but doesn’t make you cringe when you think about doing it.
- Exercise in your office: Instead of just sitting in front of your computer all day, multitask your way through some simple exercises. For instance, you can do squats or lunges in between meetings, pace while you are on the phone, or use reams of paper or books as weights to lift. You can also start taking the stairs or the long way around the office whenever possible. You may even want to use a pedometer to check the amount of steps you walk when you are working, and keep adding more steps to your daily routine.
- Work out on the weekends: You can still have an effective exercise regimen if you only have time to work out on the weekends. For best results, you may want to join a gym or work with a personal trainer. You could also make it a family affair, by getting your partner and kids up on the weekends to work out as a family. Some family friendly ideas include jogging around the park, walking around the mall, or playing flag football in the backyard.
These ideas can help you understand how easy it can be to get moving, even when you have a busy schedule. As long as you squeeze around 2-5 hours of exercise in each week for your health, it will make a big difference in your health and fitness.
Other Ideas To Consider
These workout solutions are easy to implement, but there are also additional things you can keep in mind when thinking about developing a plan to become more active and be a healthier you.
- Start eating better. Incorporate vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, healthy snacks, and whole grains into your diet.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep. Make sure to get a full night’s sleep each night.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol intake. Coffee and alcohol are fine to drink, but you shouldn’t drink too much of either, due to the negative health effects they may cause. Also, remember to drink water to stay hydrated.
- Relax as much as you can. When you can take a moment to gather your thoughts, do it.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip up. No one wants to eat salad every day. It’s okay to have a piece of chocolate every now and then.
- Stop procrastinating. Exercising doesn’t have to be a chore. It also doesn’t have to take up very much of your time. Everyone has to find the right routine that works for them and their body.
With these tips and just a little bit of effort, you can start working out and find a system that suits your needs. Remember even a little bit of physical activity helps.